New build or keep the current one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At such a low budget, Dell might be the way to go. But it's still possible to build a better computer at that budget, giving a little more cash into it, because the parts will be of higher quality than Dell's.

Here's a quick list I pulled up, costing less than $400, without a monitor. No shipping included:

Case - Rosewill R5604-BK Mid Tower
Processor - Intel Pentium Dual Core Allendale E2160 1.8GHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte P31-S3G
Memory - 2 x 1GB DDR2-800 NQ
Graphics cards - EVGA 8600GT 256MB 128-bit
Power supply - Rosewill RP500-2 500W

You can use your current hard drive and optical drive, with that list too.

Will that 1.6Ghz be fast enough? It looks really low

It's a dual core, so it'll run circles around your old Celeron. Things aren't measured as much by clock speed anymore. And if you build it yourself with those parts, you can always overclock it to get a bit more speed out of it.

Again, like what was mentioned earlier, your processor is outdated. And that 1.6GHz processor is a dual core, compared to your single core. And it will wipe the floor with that 2.7GHz, even with one core disabled, because it's a new architecture, that can do more per gigahertz than the old processors, such as your Celeron. It would probably take a 4GHz Celeron to match a 1.6GHz Allendale. You can ask anyone here, and they would agree, that it is indeed faster than that Celeron.

Ok, so basically its not in the rating anymore right?
One more question how will i put windows on it, will I need to spend $100 on a cd?
If my budget would be around $600 is it possible to get the 4 core one?

There is no use in getting a quad core, if you're just using it for internet, some applications, and light gaming. You'd need to do a heck of a lot more than that, to even use a dual core.

If you still have your Windows CD, you can use that to install on that new computer.

Dude if your budget can push to around 450$ or so then you can get the same build I m currently using at the moment. Its not GREAT but its alright for what I use it. Just read my signature, its my new build I got like less then a week ago. Currently playing some Halo and Painkiller Overdose on it.

Ok, So I learned that I will need a duo core processor
What about harddrive any preferences on these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom