New build or keep the current one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4uvak

In Runtime
I had my hp a400n for a little over 4 years and I am getting tired of it plus I just want something a little more responsive and better video card
Here its current specs.
# Intel 2.7GHz Celeron Processor
# 768MB PC2100 DDR Memory
# 80GB Hard Drive
Intel Extreme 3D Graphics with 64MB of Shared Video Memory
Processor looks to be fast but I am just starting out in a computer field so maybe someone can help
Can some of the components be swapped or just let me know
My budget is really tight but not too low

You're better off building a whole new system. And it doesn't cost much, to build a system that's up to date, and being faster than the one you have now.

Budget? You can still use the optical and hard drive from that system though.

Yea about so maybe a little less
But what will i need
Video card processor and etc
So is that machine that I got now really outdated shouldnt the 2.7 Ghz be fast?

It may sound fast, because of that number, but this day and age, it's not about speed anymore. Plus, it's a Celeron. And it's architecture is also outdated.

Now it's about dual core processors. Just think of having two processor cores in one CPU chip.

Yea about so maybe a little less
But what will i need
Video card processor and etc
So is that machine that I got now really outdated shouldnt the 2.7 Ghz be fast?

You'll need:

case, cpu, motherboard, ram, video card, power supply for the essentials. b1g said yo ucould use your existing HDD/optical drives, so that would shave some money off.

And my 2.66ghz (stock) e6750 is faster than your 2.7ghz celeron. Because mine is a dual core, and yours is a single-core celeron (the redneck/budget processors of intel cpus lol).

edit: b1g beat me to it, lol.

yea, I also would neet a monitor and I see Dell has some good deals on their combos like tower and a monitor for around $500
Or is it better to build something better for that money
Also what will I need to run dual monitors

Main purpose will mostly be like surfin the net and have some applications running in the background, maybe a little gaming but not to much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom