XFX Geforce 6800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
Hi there, I'm new here

I've just bought this new card, awesome piece of kit. Looking forward tremendously to Doom 3 to test it out :) But there are a couple of issues:-

1) The card doesn't seem to like lower resolutions. When I run a PC health check boot-up disk, and check the video adapter for errors, when it goes through text displays at, say, 640*480 the screen goes blank and my monitor diaplays "Signal out of range" and I have to do a hard restart. Now, I'm not sure if it's something to do with my monitor (19" Neovo F-419 LCD) or whether it's the card.
Also, I tryed Doom 2 (Doom 95) at 640*480 and the colours went crazy and screwed up. The same thing happened with WinQuake.

2) Far Cry. It looks AMAZING on the card, but when I max out all the settings, there seems to be a problem with the advanced shadowing effects of trees etc; you load up a map, and the shadowing's there- you load up another map and it's disabled. Turning down settings and resolution doesn't make a difference. I think it's a bug in the game, I'm using the 1.1 patch (hopefully this will be ironed out when they release 1.2 again) but I'd like to know if it's something else...

EDIT: I have all the latest drivers; the nVidia driver, DirectX 9.0c etc.

Thankyou.

Umm...farcry needs a patch fix those (i had the same problems)...and the others, not sure. My GT works on everything...

Spartan 1394 said:
Did you get the latest drivers?

Yup, I've got all the latest drivers for the card, my OS (Windows XP Home Edition), my monitor.. everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom