DD Torture Rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have one of these?

I'm kinda interested in picking one of these as my next case... looks awesome and has mounts for 2 dual 120mm radiators...

only problem is that its expensive if you include the optional top and front panel... do you guys think it'd be relatively easy to just attach my own acrylic as the top and front panels?

anyone know of any similar case?

besides the HTSC or w/e they are called

DD is an awesome company, they're actually not too far from where I live. The torture rack is best if you're not going to be moving your computer around much and you want to have a big part of the case open to exchange parts somewhat frequently.

If you don't plan on doing that and want to stick to air cooling, I'd suggest the DD Air Box. The thing is awesome, and in my opinion, looks better and not as common as typical towers. But if you're running more then two hard drives, then get a tower.

DD also the Tower 16 which is a mini atx tower. Pretty soon they're going to be releasing their Tower 21, which from what I hear is a full or mid tower case that's suppose to be awesome. They debuted it at PDX Lan 11.

yeah I've looked at the air box and the water box as well, but the torture rack seems best for me

I'm going to try and attach my own panels for the top and front, but when at home, I'll leave it open anyways

I definately plan to use watercooling... thats one of the main reasons why I'm selecting this case (and because its easy to exchange parts, no having to turn over your PC, opening it up, shuffling cables around etc.) since it has room for 2 dual 120mm radiators and possibly even more if you can shuffle some stuff around

I currently own a Lian-Li, I love it (I even cut out a grill for a dual 120mm radiator), but I'm looking for something like the torture box (or those tech station things) that lets you take parts out quickly, exchange things, and that have the motherboard out in the open so you can easily do things

Meh they're ugly plastic cases.

Wiring always looks like crud cuz the whole thing is see through, they don't look great to begin with, and they're overpriced as well.

I like the *sit motherboard on glass table* look..
Whenever I'm putting together a computer I set all the components out on my desk to frequently get at em. I'll test and OC them for about a month then decide on a case to put em in.

To me that just seems like a waste of money, considering how basic and simple of a device it is.
(edit) WAIT WHAT?? 150 BUCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom