Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El loco

In Runtime
Is this a good deal, or is there a better one for the money? Looking for something around $200 or less.

Newegg.com - XFX PVT88PYDF4 GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Also, is there any difference btw XFX and others like nvidia,bfg,etc...?
The thing is, that my cousin in Cuba asked me to buy the 8800gt 512MB, but he specifically asked for the XFX. As far as I know, that is just the name of the manufacture and all card of the 8800gt 512MB series are the same(in terms of size,PCI). So, it wouldn't make a difference if I get a BFG or EVGA or XFX, right?

Brands are not that different. An 8800GT is an 8800GT. Only difference is in their warranties, and overclocked versions. EVGA, XFX, and BFG, are top quality for that.

And that is a pretty nice deal.

Thats not a bad deal for an 8800GT, after rebate its down to like 190$, but the price has been the seem for like the last month or so.

usually the only difference between the manufactorers are clock speeds, which isn't really a big deal, so really look for who offers the best 'extras' like the best warrenties and extra options. xfx is nice, but also consider evga.

and prices have slowly been going down since the g92 gts came out and the 9800gx2's have been announced and reviews have started coming out. and hopefully they'll keep going down once the 9 series comes out.

wow thats cheap, thats a good deal, thats what their MSRP was supposed to be before it got popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom