Good Antivirus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowDragon said:
its best to have more than one as what one misses hopefully the other will find it

Absolutely NOT. In fact, doing so will cause conflicts and you should not be doing that. Each AV maker has their virus definition engine specifically designed to catch virii. Having two at the same time is just asking for trouble.

If you do not believe me, read this thread and look at MicroBell's posting. Now if you wanna argue w/ a moderator about this, I'd be interested in reading THAT thread.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21890

If you run both at the same time, probably. Although having 2 AVs is kinda redundant most of the time. You usually will find one is doing all the work and the other is just wasting your time searching after-the-fact. And, of course, two different AV Co.s are gonna have different views on virus scanning and defs.

NAV Corp. Ed. is great, though. Plus I like Symmantec's support system, newsletters, and knowledge bases.

If you want you could disable autoprotect on one of them and keep one going. Then every once in a while a scan with both of them once at a time so that if one misses something the other might be able to catch it kind of thing.

i use etrust ezarmour AV and firewall, which i thought i had a problem with a few minutes ago but turns out all is great. I got it free for a year (i think) from www.my-etrust.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom