Removing Vista and installing XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the bump. Just wondering why it still sometimes shows 791 MHz for my core clock in System information. It also shows this in cpuz when I run it.

It's much faster, lol don't make fun of me -_-

Zero Hour is still the best RTS game out atm.

I wish you could convince a few other people of that! :p

With both versions running here on a desktop I noticed that Vista with all programs installed is actually loading to the desktop faster then a clean install of XP! Yet XP had that credit years back.

As for laptops locating the support site and looking that specific model will show what drivers are available regardless of seeing a Vista sticker on it. That simply points to the ready access of Vista support while others were behind with Vista compatible drivers. Hopefully Acer had those readily available.

did you even have the time to make up your mind if u want to mess with your pc and install and operating system OVER the original built in operating system .. i dont recommend that ! .. very risky .. lets face it .. 2 years later XP is gonna be trash .. vista is the newest ... and when a huge operating system is new .. microsoft is probably gonna dumb xp .. u know .. vista is new .. they get more advantage selling it for more expensive cost ... good for them , also good for us .. we're having the operating system , REMEMBER? imagine how much time it takes to program a whole operating system ..

did you even have the time to make up your mind if u want to mess with your PC and install and operating system OVER the original built in operating system .. i don't recommend that ! .. very risky .. lets face it .. 2 years later XP is gonna be trash .. vista is the newest ... and when a huge operating system is new .. Microsoft is probably gonna dumb xp .. u know .. vista is new .. they get more advantage selling it for more expensive cost ... good for them , also good for us .. we're having the operating system , REMEMBER? imagine how much time it takes to program a whole operating system ..

did you even have the time to make up your mind if u want to mess with your PC and install and operating system OVER the original built in operating system .. ..
it doesn't take long to make up your mind on whether or not you like your OS.

i don't recommend that ! .. very risky .. lets face it .. 2 years later XP is gonna be trash .. vista is the newest ... and when a huge operating system is new .. Microsoft is probably gonna dumb xp
XP will continue to have support until 2012.

.. u know .. vista is new .. they get more advantage selling it for more expensive cost ... good for them , also good for us .. we're having the operating system , REMEMBER? imagine how much time it takes to program a whole operating system ..

care to rewrite that so we can understand that?

Vista is becoming better and better, and the more I use it the more I like it and get used to it.

All I'm saying is that my girlfriend was sitting next to me when I was reading your post, and when she read that she said "EWWWWW" and shes not even a techie.

So far despite the changes seen between versions as expected it doesn't seem any faster or slower while reaching the desktop sooner then XP generally. That's where XP is a fresh install and Vista is loaded and still sees the desktop sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom