What are your system specs?

8800GT>9600gt=3870

8600gt< the above!

if u got the 8600gt for 150, u shud try getting it from microcenter for 160...or from newegg for about 180...

the 9600gt was going for 160 at microcenter!!!

I was trying to go under $100. Not to mention that i have a Vanilla 6800 right now. I am not looking for the best card i was just looking for something mid-range.

You guys dont have to use it. So dont complain about it. :p

ewww 6800 vanilla... i owned me one of those.. well 2 of those! for a while.. not a bad card at all if ur not the "uber" gamer

gave me some nice games of cs:s.. never gave me no trouble.. even at 1680x1050... well besides hdr levels...

It has been a great card. It has allowed me to do many things that my old ATi card couldn't do. But it has seen its day. Right now with nothing running i can get only a max of 10 FPS on Doom 3. I know i got more than that before. It stutters so bad. So i know that the 5 years of OC'ing has finally killed it.

At most i play some Doom 3, CS:S, UT2004, and FEAR. Maybe some Halo:Combat Evolved if i feel the need. Then there is my Emulators. But that is it. That is the extent of my gaming. So the 8600GT will be more than good for me.
z4dwink.gif

no doubt the 8600gt will do you justice.. that is still a big jump.. i would say it would fall next to something that of a 7700gt if it were created.. lol

but if you don't mind ebay.. there are x1900xt's for sale around 100 dollars that cream the 8600gt

OK this is still a work in progress and IS NOT the ubber rig i have planned but it will do till I buy skulltrail.

abit an-m2 HD
AMD Athlon 3500+
2GB DDR2 667
1 80GB SATA hard drive
1 500GB SATA hard drive
Asus EN8500GT Silent (512mb)
Cheep PSU (getting replaced ASAP)

Get a high end last gen card over the 8500gt.

I used one as a temp card and I could barely run Sins of a Solar Empire which isnt demanding in the least. And games like Crysis, faugetaboutit.

Back
Top Bottom