Well I was here about 1 month ago deciding on a build. Heres what i brought

4GB OCZ 800MHz DDR2 RAM
320GB Seagate barracuda hard drive.
AMD Athlon x2 6400+
ATi Radeon hd3870 512mb GDDR4 GFx card
Acer 22" widescreen.
MSI K9a2 cf-f Mobo
750 Watt ULTRA Psu..
I've put everything together and connected the psu, and nothing else and hit the power button, nothing happened. I think it has to do with those LED lights. I'm not sure if thats what there called but i think. Can anyone help? Do I have to connect something else than the PSU for the machine to start?

Did you connect the power switch to the mobo? Did you connect power to the graphics card? List all connections, steps you did.

1. Put the RAM on the mobo.
2. Added CPU And CPU cooler.
3. Installed PSU on case.
4. Put in the mobo.
5. Connected the psu to the mobo.
6. Installed those LED's or whatever they're called, just put them into the colored slots on the mobo.
7. installed GFX card.
8. Connected a cord from the PSU to the gfx card.
9. installed hdd
10. Installed Optical drive.

Did you connect the power and reset switch? Is the switch on the back of the PSU set to | instead of O? Did you plug in the PSU to the outlet?

Well from the psu there I only connected that 24 pin thing to the mobo. And of course all the other stuff for fans, hdds, and that.

Well from the psu there I only connected that 24 pin thing to the mobo. And of course all the other stuff for fans, hdds, and that.

my motherboard had to have a 6pin/8pin connecter as well as the 24 pin. The 6pin atx power cable wasnt feeding enough power so I had to remove a plug and use the 8pin before it would turn on.

welok8.jpg

Thats what I connected to the mobo from the psu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom