9800GX2 review is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 9800 is going to be the skippable gen. Its just nvidia making money off the people too stupid to research the products. Just wait until the next set of cards.

I usually don't agree with these statements, but I have to agree. It seems like out of the 9 series so far, the 9600gt is really the only card worth owning, or them in SLI. In this new generation for Nvidia, I really think the mid/low range cards are going to be the ones worth owning. The 9800 X2, in my opinion, for $600 and the performance you get, isnt as big of a jump as we're used to seeing for top end cards in the previous and current flag ship models. Remember when the 8800Ultra came out? It spanked the 8800GTS, way before the GT version came out.

If you "scale" the 8 series performance jump from the 7 series, you see quite the big jump in performance. But so far, it doesn't seem like this is the case with the 8 series to the 9 series.

yeah, not worth the money. and Unless my GTS g92 cant play the latest games(with the expection of crysis), then no reason to change.

I might be going ATI though, depending on what the 4870 looks like in price.

it didn't beat out the 3870x2 too badly, only when the 4xAA came on, which is the dagger to the metaphorical heart of ATI. but for like 250 more, i expect a lot more then what the 9800gx2 showed. and yeah i'm gonna skip this gen and probably just move to whatever the next one's gonna be.

speaking of the next gen, what are they going to call the next gen? they can't go 10000... thats just silly.

seriously, for the price the 9800gx2 has nothing on the hd3870x2, its price to performance ratio isn't that impressive (if at all) even though it beat ATi a bit, for for $600 I'll gladly pass

not like you have much of a choice verny :p

but yeah, really not much of a huge gain, I think its just nvidia trying to hold the top of the market just for bragging rights..

haha, vern.. We as a forum should build you a system. Everyone throws in like 10 bucks (all the regulars) to buy you a component every once in a while.

How many regulars do we have?

we already did that sort of. i started the idea that we should build vern a computer with extra parts we all had laying around, cause he was always so down about having a depressing rig, and plus he had a good rig but had to sell it, so we sent him a bunch of stuff, and he has a good amount of things, just missing the big things, a mobo, gfx card, and hdd.

that is sweet. That means he only needs about..
100 for a 500gig 32mb cache hdd
150-175 for a mobo
200 for a gpu.

my parents are taking their time to buy those parts for some reason, kind of annoying :(

they are kind of cheaping on it, I'm getting a Biostar 7025 board, x1600 (I guess), some Logitech Headset, DVD-RW Drive, Corsair 450vx, some low spaced HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom