Must Have RSS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
48px-Feed-icon.svg.png

Please for the love of god we need an RSS or XML Feed for all of TF. I use them for various other forums and they are really great to have.

RSS (file format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

This is already in the list of thigns to get done. It already has been brought up and Dave knows of this idea. It is on the long list of thigns to get fixed for Tech-Forums.

This is already in the list of thigns to get done. It already has been brought up and Dave knows of this idea. It is on the long list of thigns to get fixed for Tech-Forums.

Poor Dave. I feel bad for that guy.

Is there a link to said list? Like things to be worked on at TF? That way, people can refer to that before posting suggestions in this session.

That list is in the area for Mods and Admins. It is not in the General public forum for all to see. But i will say that it is a long list. I feel bad for Dave with the amount of stuff that is on that list. :(

Most of the work involves the Admin Control Panel. Nothing any of us can do.

why doesn't he just give some of the 'higher' admins CP access so they can work on it. because, correct me if i'm wrong, i've seen the admins on a lot more then i've seen dave on.

Dave doesn't show up as longed on when he is working through the AminCP. Just because you don't see him listed doesn't mean he isn't there. And I only use the AdminCP when I need to... I prefer not to be the cause of the site crashing. ;)

Actually, RSS has been on Dave's list for a long while. Not the list in the mod's forums, but his main list elsewhere on the site. It was listed well before the upgrade. The main problem is implementation and making sure it isn't used as a vehicle for a spammer to get free publicity. I have seen WinXPCentral's feed clogged with spam before, and it is not pretty.

Dave is looking at a couple of options for it, though. It's not on the front burners, as there are a few things more important right now, like choosing a hosting company and seeing about some plug-ins for the site, maybe a skin or two. But it is something being looked at.

I hadn't thought of that a spammer taking advantage of a RSS feed.

An trotter is right dave has a long todo list an he works on it quite a fir bit of the time just because he isn't logged on doesn't mean he isn't working on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom