Need a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Looking to buy a new video card. Not sure what is on the horizon to be released so figured I'd make a post. I have a large LCD panel and do a lot of gaming, is the 8800GTX my best bet? I want to stick with Nvidia. But before I make any decesions I want to be sure a new one isn't around the corner or already released, I haven't been keeping out. Also I'm running an Antec 650 watt Truepower Trio, it has 3 12v rails. So hopefully whatever I get will run on it, I hate to spend more on another PSU.

Thanks all for any help!

First off your PSU should be fine. The newest card out is the 9600GT and they are supposed to release the 9800GX2 at the end of the month.

The 9800GX2 is going to run you about $650 on release. Better off to not get the "top of the line" card because it will just be outdated within a couple of months anyway. What resolution do you game at? The 8800GTS should be fine unless you are gaming at huge resolutions and trying to play Crysis.

I'd agree with the 8800GTS. Very high performance and the price is decent, still around $299 or so I think. That way you're not over-investing in your card and you'll get great performance until the next gen (or the generation after that even) becomes affordable.

Newegg has the BFG 8800GTS 512MB for $229 after the mail in rebate....BFG has a no hassel lifetime warranty also.....great deal, if you ask me.

I say go for the GTS if you have the money for the GTX. it performs just as well, and unless you need crysis at the highest everythign at 1900x1200.. in which case you can suffer, because nothing can do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom