random shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transerver

In Runtime
this only used to happen when I was spyware/virus scanning my computer but now it happens a few times a week while I'm doing nothing out of the ordinary. The computer just shuts down and the green light on the comp stays lit. I have to switch off the psu for the light to go off and then am I able to turn the comp back on.

and then when it turns on, the usual black screen goes up but there's a message saying that now the cpu will run at a slower speed or something like that.

I know it's weird but if anyone knows what's going on then thanks in advance

cpu temp is around 41C idle but I tried converting a video and it shot up up to 62C while I used the comp

and cpu is running at 1.8GHz when it is supposed to be running at 2.66GHZ(stock)

not oc'ed at all v-core @ 1.312 ish

o yeah and it's a pen d 805 if that matters

since the temp is 62C the hsf is @ 2400rpm

think i need a new hsf or something?

go into safe mode, and go back to an earlier system restore, c if that will do the trick. If it doesn't get some compressed air, blow out the cpu heatsink, psu, and any other dust. if it still doesn't work i would suggest buying a $12 psu tester to see if you psu is going out.

I'll try that, I've been using the psu for 2yrs+ and I've got 2 for backup so thats not a problem

I'll switch em up if the dusting doesn't work

alright, i blew away most of the dust and i turned it back on, its going at 2.66GHZ but idle temp is 53C which is a little high for idle

should I try switching out the psu?

ah nvm I feel so dumb, it seems to be idling at 36-41C after i deleted f@h and restarted

thanks anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom