Vapor Phase Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
Anywhere I can find a basic guide to Phase change systems and where I can find cheap used systems?

what is the basic price range for a simple phase change setup?

I'd ask on xtreme... but my account isn't getting activated? I clicked the link in the email and it doesn't work... none of the mods/admins are on MSN

Yeah its quite annoying... I tried emailing the support email listed in the activation email and it doesn't exist! 0_0...

Hopefully someone on here is a regular there and can help us get activated... I love this place, but it doesn't have much on crazy stuff like Phase Change...

and thanks for the links

aspire.comptech is a regular. So is nosboost. And I agree with crazy stuff being over there.

Not to sound like an *** but why would you even want a phase change setup? The only reason to even consider phase change is if you are trying to go for a record or something.

Its no where near practical for every day use,From seeing your other thread wanting a $500 oc setup you would be better off with a decent water cooling setup and throwing more $ into your build.

it sounds like fun lol

why would I need a more expensive computer? I wouldn't, but I want one lol

a phase change system will last me forever (well until it breaks), a PC wont... an early investment into a cooler will let me have fun overclocking from the start, and I can always use it in the future

water cooling was a waste for me (I have a setup now...) because the performance isn't significantly better and its a big hassle

Not to sound like an *** but why would you even want a phase change setup? The only reason to even consider phase change is if you are trying to go for a record or something.

Its no where near practical for every day use,From seeing your other thread wanting a $500 oc setup you would be better off with a decent water cooling setup and throwing more $ into your build.

Records aren't broken on phase change. Your looking more at some solid copper liquid nitrogen pots for both the cpu and sli'd gpu's.

Phase change are useful for benching and the such but they are noisy, and suck up a ton of power. Expect to see a pretty significant increase in your electrical bill. Imagine the power your fridge/freezer would draw if you left the door open 24/7.

Records aren't broken on phase change. Your looking more at some solid copper liquid nitrogen pots for both the cpu and sli'd gpu's.

Phase change are useful for benching and the such but they are noisy, and suck up a ton of power. Expect to see a pretty significant increase in your electrical bill. Imagine the power your fridge/freezer would draw if you left the door open 24/7.

Well thats pretty much what i was trying to say ;)

There is just no practical use for it for every day stuff.

Well thats pretty much what i was trying to say ;)

There is just no practical use for it for every day stuff.

I probably won't be using it for everyday stuff anyways, and I definately won't leave it running 24/7... standby ftw!

but yeah... I see your points... I might reconsider this lol, I could probably afford a quad and another watercooling loop if I skipped the phase cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom