Saitek Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I was looking at this keyboard on Newegg, and it looks like quite a nice keyboard. Does anybody have any issues with it, that owns one on here? It kinda looks cheaply made from the pictures on Newegg, though =\.

uhm... once you actually get the thing - you realize that it's really solid and well made.

It's got decent weight to it and it's very sturdy. The keys are not flimsy at all. Everything about it seems pretty top notch. I have the original Saitek Eclipse. There is also the Eclipse II, but I don't like the design so much.

It's really a great keyboard for the price IMO.

It's very simple, doesn't have any of those extra, annoying shortcut buttons. The only things it has are a volume increase/decrease/mute (which is really convenient for me because my X-230 doesn't let me adjust volume by the knob once headphones are plugged in) and there's also a button to switch between full lights, dimmed or off.

The keys have a really nice press to them, very comfortable, and the keyboard clacking sound is 'rounded' and pretty quiet.

And it just looks so friggin cool, especially in the dark :D (I have the blue one)

I highly recommend this keyboard if you're considering a new one for sure. I'm really highly satisfied with my choice - It's pretty much the only thing I don't have any bit of regret buying. Buying this, I knew I made a satisfying decision. I'm really that satisfied with this keyboard.

i used that before i got the tarantula, my only complaint is that my "D" key is partially rubbed off. Otherwise, its a solid keyboard

Hmm...well I think I may order it this weekend. Gotta order parts for a new comp that I'm buildin for my aunt/uncle, so I figured I'd order some goodies for myself =D (that keyboard, and a cathode set, heh).

i used that before i got the tarantula, my only complaint is that my "D" key is partially rubbed off. Otherwise, its a solid keyboard

TROOF! I talked about this with merk in another thread...

my d, l, m, ., o, enter and h keys are all fading...

Yeah, that's what I had heard, that the keys wear off after a little while =\. How soon did yours start to wear off?

6 months to a year, I forget exactly when I bought this... probably closer to 6 months

its ok though, its only cosmetic

u wanna buy it used? i still got mine, i don't have the box anymore though.

edit: nvm ur in south dakota :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom