what is this and where does it go

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot or not, if it isn't I'm sorry. Could someone tell me what this is and where it goes?

computer.jpg

After I moved my computer, I opened that door on top where the usb and other ports are and seen this. Did it come out of one of the usb ports? That is the only thing I can think of. I did have a mouse plugged in there but if that came out of the mouse, it would not work would it?

I can take a pic of the usb ports if I need to.

Looks like part of the case itself like a retaining clip. That has nothing to do with usb ports but likely something used for a side cover or securing a harness.

It looks like it simply came off of a plastic pin somewhere on the inside of the case most likely the front or rear if not one of the side covers.

It couldn't have come from the inside of the case because before I moved it, I closed the lid for the ports and when I opened it back up, there it was. I don't see how it could have came from inside the case. This is strange.

You opened up the case and there it was meaning it likely came off of something and was then seen just sitting there. You would have to perform a close inspection to see where it could have been in order to know what it was there for.

I doubt you simply had it lying around and dragged that into the case while putting everything into it. It's more likely that you went right past it and it later came off and was then found lying loose. Looks like a rest for the front or top wire harness that would have been secured along the side or something off of a 3rd party item like a cpu cooler/fan controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom