Does Intel D945-GNT Classic supports Core 2 DUO??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dying4004

Solid State Member
guyz Does Intel D945-GNT Classic supports Core 2 DUO?? in intel website they dint mention C2D. so i am confused if it supports C2D. shed some light on me guyz. cheerz

from Intel Website

Support for an Intel® Pentium® D Processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Celeron® D Processor in an LGA775 socket with a 533 MHz system bus
View all supported processors

To my knowledge, the only 945 chipset that supports C2D, is the 945GC. So the answer to your question is no.

Why are you looking for this specific board? Is it because you have one of the listed processors, but looking to upgrade to a C2D?

*I retract my previous statement. There are quite a few 945s that support C2D, but if it's not listed on the list of supported processors, it's probably not compatible.

actually i am currently running c2d but as i said in other thread my board gigabyte ga-945 gcmx doesnt support 4 gb ram properly so i m thinking to change my board. and as i just bought the whole pc i dont have much money left to spend. so this board i found is cheap and as original intel shud perform good as well.

i have searching in the net whether this board supports c2d or not............. some sites r saying that it supports c2d and some r saying it doesnt. i am not sure whom to go with. :S

thnx for the suggestions bro but the prob si that i am from bangladesh and not all the models are available here. and if some models r available but not that known to public ........vendors demand high price than usual.

i cud have gone with Intel D945-GCNL which supports c2d according to intel website but again my ram problem occurs here. this board supports 2 GB max where i m using 4 gb.

Try searching for P31 chipsets, from wherever you're buying. They're at least better than 945s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom