DFI LANPARTY Motherboard.. Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this board aswell....so far so good...i never have owned anything but DFI mobos....i love their bios options. I havent had a problem with it running hot...but then again i have great aircooling. So far, it has got my e6750 up to 3.4ghz, but i set it at 3.0 for daily use, but im sure it can go way higher on air.

I've been recommending them, but I don't think it'd push 4ghz (stabily anyways)

the chip you have would be more of a limit :D

I am going to try and program a driver on my computer to force it to be stable. Like taking out a part of it's brain so it forgets how to shoot so I can make a sniper shoot for it. =P The heat would be the main issue. I will have to see how that goes. This driver I am making "ForceDrive" will force the CPU to run as high as it can up to the GHz you set. If you enter "4ghz" then it will force the CPU to run as high to 4GHz as it can. Sometimes in order to keep stability it may go down to 3.7GHz or 3.4GHz down to the lowest point you provide. It basically will keep your CPU within any Overclocked range you set. - it will include a Bar graph sort of thing at the top to monitor your CPUs current Overclocked rate "GHz" - Min X variables will be the heat and physical limitations. If I put 300lbs of weight on you, you can probably hold it for what? 2 seconds, lol. It will also include a "Custom Rules" box.. Similar to the Boot.ini file in Windows and programmed to do about the same as Nvidia Control Panel's custom rules for this program. - The testing for this program will be mostly gaming stability.. it will also include settings "Right now they will be numbers / later will be buttons-VB6" for other stability features such as "Brick" or very stable settings with no problems keeping heat to a minimum. and "Clay" keeping your computer overclocked with higher voltages leaving you to deal some extra heat...etc..etc..

I almost have all of the voltage information I need to do this ONLY for my system. I havn't decided weather or not to program settings for other motherboards and CPUs for anyone else's system. - If anyone thinks they will actually find it useful I may do this over spring break.

Thanks for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom