XFX 9600GT (XXX Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipeks

In Runtime
brought this card home, popped it in, and nothing showing. I get no signal on 3 different monitors.

I have a

GA-K8N SLI mobo
4 Gigs Kingston pc3200
AMD 4800 X2
Antec TruePOwer550 SLI ready

So, apart from the obvious "the card is pooched", are there any other ideas people might suggest before I return the card as defective?

Was your past video card working in that same motherboard? Could be the slot. Check the PCI-E voltages in your BIOS with your old video card in. I'm assuming you've tried both DVI slots with the monitors too.

my old mobo was an AGP board. Picked this board up yesterday. Ans yes I tried both DVI, and I even tried the second PCI-E slot just to check. When I put the card in the second slot, I get 1 Long 2 Short beeps, which according to Award Bios is a Video Adapter Failure.

Yeah makes sense. It could be either your motherboard or your video card however. You need another board that supports PCI-E to test this. Maybe one of your friends computers.

So, I took the card back and had it tested and it ran just fine. I picked out another mobo and it worked just great. I kinda thought it might be the mobo, but, wishful thinking on my part was hoping I could just swap the card out because it was less work! lol

Thanks for the help!

Im loving my COD4 at 1680x1050 with everything on high now. teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom