building

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooney456

Solid State Member
I would like to build a pc, prolly using components from tigerdirect.com or if there are any others that you have heard of. But my question what should i start with, a barebones kit, and if so what components are gonna be compatible, and what do any of you suggest for most for the money? I would like to use the computer as a gamer, and also have STRONG multimedia capabilities. Also, i am still a full time student so i would like to keep the cost down

Any help would be great

Thanks
mooney456

well my max for right now is prolly about $1000, but i would like to spend less if possible

wit 100 ur gonna have to sacrifice a little bit, some ram, lower video card, but it should work out ok in the end

if you want the biggest bang for the buck go with AMD, I would go with the AMD XP2800, Asus K8V, 1 Gig Dual ram (corsair, mushkin, OCZ), Radeon 9600XT, Western Digital 120 GB SATA, a crt monitor, something to that extent

thanks again guys for your help

i forgot to mention that i dont need a monitor, just the box,
any other stores out there on the web, besides, tiger direct, ibuypower, etc....

thanks
mooney456

Monarch computer has a nice site and of course egghead.........these are my two favorites for checking on gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom