Q6600 system, questionable performance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but i just dont understand how my pc with a much slower processor than a Q6600 can score almost the same

no one realises how huge the perforemcne gap is between this gen and last gens gpu's the new video cards otu are imensely powerfull its not even funny, older gpu's are all botle necking the cpu hence why a e6300 will run as fast as a q6600. these new faster gpus' alow our cpus to run faster and they crank out more fps, resultign in a much higher fps and 3dmark 06 score, the gpu can botle neck the entire system slows down the cpu, which in turn also slows down ram bandwith. wich increases hard drive use which is also a huge botle neck going back to you hdd. if he gets a new gpu he will easaly go up in 3d macks, even if its just a 3850, or 8800gs.

My mate built a new pc today consisting of a Q6600, 4GBs of ram, and an abit mobo.
Anyway all is put together and its working fine, all drivers updated etc, and he ran 3Dmark 06, he got 5700, thats with his old x1950pro card.

Now i know the graphics card is mid range as opposed to higher end 8800GTS etc but id have expected at least 7k with that card?

Or does 5700 sound about right?

He is running 4 gb's of ram.. so he probably is using vista... which drops 3dmark06 scores down quite alot.

He is using vista isnt he?

???. I actually got a lower score in XP Pro than Vista... But that score does seem about right. My rig (5600+ X2, 2GB RAM, 8800GT) scored 9694 in XP Pro and 10145 in Vista with 3DMark06. That is with everything default, including fresh OS installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom