need help building a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbetenia1

In Runtime
Im going to build a new desktop and need help selecting the components within my price range. I play a lot of mmo's so im going to need pretty powerful system. My budget is somewhere around $1,300 give or take a little. So far i have decided on the processor (AMD Athlon 64 x2 Duel Core 6400+) and the video card (geforce 8800 GT). I am open for suggestions on different processors and video cards if they will be better suited for the overall computer. I already have a monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse. Thanks in advance to anyone responding.

With a budget of $1300 you can get a good Intel CPU like Q6600

Don't be fooled by the clock speed of the AMD processors, Intel processors performs better per clock

For example E6750 2.66GHz outperforms 6400+ 3.2GHz most of the time. Check this benchmarks

q6600
DFI Lanparty DK p35
Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit
TRUE
Corsair 520hx
add HD, case and Optical Drives

there are 2 ways you can save money on your gpu. you can get a 9600gt which only has a bit less performance then an 8800gt, or if you have your mind set on an 8800gt u can get the galaxy brand, their cheaper but the same performance, actually they have better cooling because it doesn't have a case and has a larger fan. If after you consider this but still decide to go with a none galaxy 8800gt then get the evga brand, they have a good warranty and you can use the step up program within 90 days if you want a better card.

there are 2 ways you can save money on your gpu. you can get a 9600gt which only has a bit less performance then an 8800gt, or if you have your mind set on an 8800gt u can get the galaxy brand, their cheaper but the same performance, actually they have better cooling because it doesn't have a case and has a larger fan. If after you consider this but still decide to go with a none galaxy 8800gt then get the evga brand, they have a good warranty and you can use the step up program within 90 days if you want a better card.

lol you got me, I forgot to list a video card haha...

the g92 core is used in the 9 series but it was also in several 8 series cards. So u can't really call it a 9 series core.

It was used in two 8800gts g92 and the 8800gt.

It's also going to be in the 9800gtx and gx2 so I would consider it a 9 series ore...

Also Nvidia will be doing a core shrink to 55nm process with the g92 as the basis for their latest cards for later this year, with the release of the new core for the 10 series coming at the end of q3 or beginning of q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom