Monitor making noise/not working:

Status
Not open for further replies.

the hnic

Solid State Member
hi all,
New here and looking for some help.
I have a 22inch Gateway monitor that simply stopped working. I've tried it on two different comps and nothing.

When i simply power on the monitor I hear a "static" noise and no image appears at all.

No storms or anything.

I contacted gateway and they could not have been less helpful. Its two years old and no longer under warranty.

Can this thing be repaired or do I drop the coin on a new one? Any thoughts?
I contacted two shops today who charge to even look at the thing...

Sounds like the power unit is gone. If it's no longer under warranty I'm not sure if I would go through the trouble of getting it repaired. Could cost quite a bit to solve the problem first.

thanks for the replies. Guess I'll start to shop around. Really ****es me off to drop that much money on a well reviewed monitor and have it crash like this. Guess it can happen with anything tho. In fact, I noticed last night that it will eventually just shut off after about 45 seconds.

Any suggestions on a 22inch (or 24) monitor....would be used for soley for gaming. Under 400$ would be ideal.

thanks

yup, i have a 226bw and love it, i went from a 17" monitor which i though had half decent specs, now it hurts to look at it because the whites are beige lol.You will not be disappointed if you get a 226bw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom