Toshiba L45-S7423 DVD Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
A customer brought in their Toshiba laptop that they bought from us. Just recently, she says she's been having problems playing DVD's in her Toshiba DVD Player software (that's the name of the software as well, "Toshiba DVD Player"). Anyway, she brought it in, and I tried playing one of our DVD's on it. It begins to play, and the video skips, but the audio plays fine. Tried playing it in WMP, and it plays just fine (audio/video both). So I downloaded/installed K-Lite just to make sure it wasn't a codec issue. Still no go. So I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and it still doesn't work.

Somebody from Toshiba suggested to make sure that DMA (Direct Memory Access) was tuned on, and it is.

Anybody have any idea on what could be the problem? I'm at a loss here on what I should try next...

Laptop is running Vista, btw.

Thanks for the help in advance, I appreciate it.

Well, I just did a system restore, and that turned out to fix it.

Yeah, I had to search quite a bit to find the installer just to be able to reinstall it.

Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

person in that compuserve link said the system restore was his only fix too...lol, maybe the only fix for it...at least for ease

I think there are registry issues for their software, something gets deleted or entered that shouldn't, but not by fault of any user, just how it's software behaves

Yeah, doesn't surprise me, lol.

Thing is tho, the customer that brought it in, insisted that she use that software/have it working right lol. And I know her, as well (she was my middle school science teacher), and she asked if I could do anything, after she had asked the school network admin and a few other people...apparently they didn't know what the problem could be either, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom