8 Gigs of ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, get 8 gigs. Its not a waste of money.

What was a waste of money was buying 2 gigs of DDR2-800 for 220 bucks a year or two ago.

Bodom...as in lake Bodom...as in Children of Bodom?

No, get 8 gigs. Its not a waste of money.

What was a waste of money was buying 2 gigs of DDR2-800 for 220 bucks a year or two ago.

Bodom...as in lake Bodom...as in Children of Bodom?

Except nothing will utilize all of it. And by the time it will, we will be over at DDR3.

8gb of RAM is not at all worth it. I agree by the time it needs to be used DDR3 will prevail.

If you are looking for some good ram:

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Timing: 4-4-4-12

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Price: $64.99 - Rebate availaible

OR

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Timing: 3-3-3-12

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Price: $68.99

Crucial seems to be top dog around here.

Hope this helps :)

Online:Windows Live Messenger: Stealth_Tools@Hotmail.com

A lot of posters in this thread are very narrow mided.. they never ask what he intends on running..

What if its some exchange database? **** right it'll use 8 GB if needed. There are plenty of applications that will use 8 GB if needed.. don't assume everyone in here is only going to be running WoW !

A lot of posters in this thread are very narrow mided.. they never ask what he intends on running..

What if its some exchange database? **** right it'll use 8 GB if needed. There are plenty of applications that will use 8 GB if needed.. don't assume everyone in here is only going to be running WoW !

Which raises the question...if he were knowledgable enough to run an exchange database, would he be knowledgeable enough to understand the hardware requirements for such a system? I guess it was somewhat assumed that he was gaming as gaming systems seem to account for 99% of the threads in this forum.

But I agree, perhaps the first question should have been - what exactly are you doing with your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom