Hi All

My System Spec is as follows

AZZA NF2S-ALH Motherboard
AMD 2400+ Athlon XP Thoroughbred CPU
512Mb DDR400 Dual Channel PC3200 Ram
Pixelview Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128Mb Ram Graphics Card

then all the Rest
Keyboard, Mouse, CD Writer Monitor etc

The problem is that the AZZA Motherboard wont boot, it just gets these long Beeps; long Beep, Pause, long beep, Pause... until the end of time

I have tested the RAM, VGA card, Processor in another PC and they are working 100%

The system used to run on an AMD Athlon 1800+
It started getting the Beepers after inserting the 2400+

But then, set the MB jumper FSB setting to Safe Mode of 100, still nothing, changed it back....nothing

I cleared the Bios, checked that all is slotted in perfectly, still....long beeps

Does anyone know how to fic this or experienced any similar problems?

All parts are brand new.

Thought the board might not support the CPU, but read up on the Specs and this board can handle up to 400 FSB and up to the AMD 3200+ processors.

It has Nvidia Chipsets (North and South) and is actually quite a cool board.... when it works, but i am close to the point of chucking it out the window or just to control my consumer rage and take it back to the supplier.

My dads PC has the same Spec except that it is running the AMD1800+ processor.... His PC works but every now and then also gets the Beeps, after shutting down and powering up, the system will run again, then beep etc...

Help... please.

Obi Wan

Check your motherboard manual. It'll tell you what that beep means. Then you'll be able to narrow it down to a problem. For me, That error usually means theirs something wrong with your Motherboard or Power supply.

Did you try a new PSU?

First of all does your MB support that CPU as in size and type, and did you test it with other cpu? Then you should do a search on BEEP codes, this is usually hardware conflct or failure.

Thanks guys, i will go check out all of the above and keep you posted, I really appreciate your replies.

Obi Wan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom