Windows Media Player and BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used other media players such as vlc player, cineplayer, and media player classic. The only time I have a problem is with windows media player. The dvd's load and work fine in the other media players.

Its not a problem as far as being able to watch dvds and such. I guess its just my curious mentality that would like to figure out what is causing the problem.

At this point i would just say that WMP is corrupt and has to be reinstalled. As the errors i googled for said RAM or application problems. Since it isn't RAM it has to be WMP.

Okay so lets start from a different angle. Do you overclock at all? Is your PSU powerful enough for the system? Is you GPU (GFX card) overheating? What about your CPU? Have you tried to run a Check Disk to see if your drive has any errors on it?

I know this seems like a lot but going thru all this will start to eliminate things other than a install gone corrupt.

No I do not overclock my pc. I do not believe that my video card is overheating (monitoring with rivatuner). I'm pretty confident that my psu is capable. I have an Antec True Power Trio 650 PSU. I will run checkdisk and see what that turns up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom