Getting a new video card finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that note. I am extremely happy with it. So far it has been a great card. Gonna game with it for a bit now to test it out.:D

So much for the "its not for gaming" lol. Seems you gotta do that on these forums just so people don't bash your card.

"Thats the funniest thing i've heard all day,Thanks for the laugh"

With DX9 not DX10. Besides I still like DX9 since its not like ancient or anything, why rule it out just yet.

im sorry but theres NO WAY a 8600 gt 's core GPU can pull off 1 gig of video ram. theres a test online with 256 mb and 512 mb 8600 GTS. the 256 is actually at some point slightly better or slightly worse than the 512mb. so just get a 8600 gts 256 mb SC for like 130$ and itz uber good.

probably different clocks, and more ram doesn't really play a huge factor unless your gaming at higher resolutions, then 1gb of gddr3 could be quite handy.

So much for the "its not for gaming" lol. Seems you gotta do that on these forums just so people don't bash your card.

"Thats the funniest thing i've heard all day,Thanks for the laugh"

With DX9 not DX10. Besides I still like DX9 since its not like ancient or anything, why rule it out just yet.
I only used it for Doom 3, CS:S and FEAR. All 3 turned out great results compared to my 6800. So the card is good.

JohnnyR...look up a few posts. You wold see that i already got it and have it installed.
wink3.gif

I only used it for Doom 3, CS:S and FEAR. All 3 turned out great results compared to my 6800. So the card is good.

JohnnyR...look up a few posts. You wold see that i already got it and have it installed.
wink3.gif

It seems good since you tried it on older games, and youre comparing it to only a 6800, which is basically an older version of the 8500gt. But run a dx10 game and youll be disappointed. If you had a more poweful card to compare it to, your opinion would change. I too didnt game too much, but after i got cod4 i was amazed so i bought an 8800gt and its great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom