Service Pack 3 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could do that. But how often would you use those apps after installing them? With my way i constantly test it. Not just when i have the urge to beta test. Plus my personal data is kept on a completely seperate hard drive. It is also backed up. So even if i did by chagne lose my hard drives i at least have my very important personal data already backed up.

Which would be the pics of my baby. Other than that everything can be replaced. Even the 160+GB of music. So i am not worried.

Well that was simply an observation to make there. Working on some vcd or dvd projects I always seem to be needing more room for backing things up along with any multibooting... hhhmm.. being done here for various reason.

I don't have 160gb of music while video captures will easily chew up some 420gb on a 500gb drive fast. With a new 500gb external that finally freed up one of the sata drives here for Vista since XP was on another one.

(Mandriva 2006 was removed and will likely see ubuntu 7.10 go on instead for that.)

I am not trying to say that the data isnt important or that i am not trying to be safe. But the only issue i have ever come across when working with any Betas is that the partition table on teh system drive of mine got destroyed. So i had lost my triple boot setup. My other 2 drives were not affected at all. Most of the time it will only affect the system drive.

So if i lose my triple boot setup no biggie. I format and reinstall just about every 3-6 months anyways. My other data has been moved and reorganized for a couple of years now. I have had my setup change on me several times and had to move the data.

I am not afraid to lose my downloaded apps or anything like that. They can be downloaded again. My music i can just rip that again and get back the other songs i missed from my buddy. So really to me the only thing i will make sure i have copies of is the picutres of my baby girl growing up. Since those can not be replaced by anything. Which those are. Not only to my external but to a CD as well.

I know the risks that come into beta testing on my main rig. I willingly accept that. I am not saying anyone else should do it. Nor am i saying anyone else should try it. I am saying I do it. To me it gives me a better feeling knowning that the applicaiton was tested daily and used with everyday applications not just on a test rig where you just install the stuff and dont use it often. That is my personal opinion. Not shared by others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom