Can I just buy ANY video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yep you can put 512MB in there.

2. You need a PCI graphics card...although which is the best one i have no idea as that's not really my area and it depends on your budget.

OK, Thank you for all of your help.

Now that I am shopping for graphics cards... how can I tell them apart, I mean, how are they measured? How do I determine quality vs. price, and if I do not do ANY gaming, do I need anything more than the cheapest one?

The brown slot is an AGP slot. If you have the choice, an AGP is better than a PCI card... it has a better throughput of data as well as power to the card.

A PCI will work (in a white slot), but an AGP would be the better choice. Your motherboard has a X4 AGP slot.

This morning I ordered from TigerDirect:
Ultra 512MB PC2100 DDR 266MHz $29.99
Diablotek Radeon X700se 256MB PCIe $29.99

They should work I guess.
Is installing the video card as easy as I figure? snap and screw it into place and plug in the monitor... am I missing a step? Will I have to load a driver or something? should I keep the monitor plugged into the old video spot first?

So many questions... :)

E is for express, something you do not have. You will have to return the card or cancel the order if possible. The card that will best suit you and will work is an AGP video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom