Good bye AMD.. hello Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really worth getting xp 64bit? I hear its crappy support :/

I dont kno thats what I want to know too, I was hoping for suggestions on things like this

would Vista 64bit be better than XP64 bit?

or should i just stick w/ 32XP and just get 2 new Gigs of Crucial RAM for OCing?

stay with xp 32. 64 is not that big of an increase. and two gigs of crucial is wonderful

stay with xp 32. 64 is not that big of an increase. and two gigs of crucial is wonderful

yea I think thats what Ill do, it will also save me alot of money which I am tight on anyways

Now I just need to decide on the MOBO!

Which would be the best for OCing out of what is available now?

maximus, quad gt, or a gigabyte p35 board. all depends on the cpu, and if you want x38

maximus, quad gt, or a gigabyte p35 board. all depends on the cpu, and if you want x38

Im for sure getting a Q6600. And what is the benefit of x38?

Im also using a 8800GTS and its quite bulky so it needs to fit in snug

I dont plan on running multiple GPUs, just one OC'd GPU

I am also new to OCing so a board w/ easy to use BIOS and OCing capabilities would be best for me

x38 supposedly overclocks a little better than the p35, but the price-jump is quite significant

in terms of bang for the buck: p35 > x38

my recommendation for a p35 board is the $140 DFI Lanparty DK

seems that DFI is quite popular now

yea Im not sure the price increase is going to be worth it when I could pretty much get the same result for much cheaper

on the contrary, that's going to overclock somewhat better than the p35-ds3l, and it has more features (RAID, more sata ports and some other features that I can't think of right now)

yea I think thats what Ill do, it will also save me alot of money which I am tight on anyways

Now I just need to decide on the MOBO!

Which would be the best for OCing out of what is available now?

Ya... I dont care what people say i just see too big of a decrease with vista to game with it. Although you can dual boot. And vista IS improving slowly. But for now i think staying with xp 32bit is better.. Like you said, it saves you money on ram also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom