Chirping sound while stress testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
When running orthos to stress test my CPU, my PC makes this weird chirping noise. IT is either coming form my cpu, mobo, or PSU I dunno what. MY specs are in my sig... any help? is this bad? everything is running fine. Chirping only happens during stress test lol. Sounds like a bird is in my pc.

Is it really high pitched and fairly quiet? Mine does that quite a bit when loading a game or scrolling webpages. It only started when I switched my RAM from Corsair Dominators to Patriot Extremes. And the sound seems to come from my RAM so I think it's RAM related. I didn't even know RAM could make a sound.

Like I said, I have NO clue what its coming from lol. It is rly high pitched and quiet like u described though. Very werird lol. So far, Im happy! @3.6ghz 52c load with my E8400 with orthos going right now! yay!

I have the same mobo and noises. i believe it is the mobo telling you temps are high. not sure though. you should be ok though if you have proper cooling.

Could be your 8800GT. They are known to make noise. Mine makes all kinds of noise when running a benchmark or a GPU stress test. Sometimes it even makes noise when booting up.

Well, I know exactly what you are describing. I have googled to see what it is with no avail. I am just as curious as you are as to what the sounds are. If you come across an answer please tell us what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom