Mobo upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
either way both are great boards, but aren't Supreme FX II cards kind of crap like what I've heard?

no no, the quad gt is best for overclocking at high frequencies. A lot of the new x38's wont let you manually set the dramfreq:fsb ratio. Like my maximus wont

yep. if you are going to go x38, and you are gonna do anything over 450fsb or so, go quad gt

because of the ratio setting. and because it has wonderful on off and reset cmos buttons on the mobo. i dont know about the p5e for that stuff

Ok, well i have time i guess i need to start reading up on this stuff to decide which is the better buy. OC'ing will be important... otherwise i would not be upgrading at all. But that sound card was getting me excited.

if you are gonna keep the q6600, then either should be fine. but if you plan on going really high fsb, then the quad gt is the way to go.

what about looks? which one do you like better in that respect?

I think that asus one looks better. But if i was going off of looks alone i would pick the 780i since it might match my setup color better.

After taking a close look at the asus and abit mobo i can see that the abit may look a little better... But i have heard that the asus offers better cooling.. Performance is what really matters to me... I mean the asus doesnt look so bad that i would not buy it.

are there any benchmarks or stats that say the quad gt outperforms the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom