Temporary Image Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about TIR in LCD monitors. My monitor is acting funny, it's a 24 inch View sonic HDMI. I am getting TIR unusually fast. I can fix it by running a blank white screen for a few hours, but unless I make sure an Image is not in the same spot for 10 mins or so, I get TIR again. Can someone please tell me how I can completely get rid of this TIR, and prevent it from coming back so soon. Thank you.

TIR is very, very, very and near impossile to get shot of. Is your monitor still under warranty?

Yes, but viewsonic has bad customer support it seems, I have a 3 year warranty that says does not support screen burn in, and that is the answer I got when I sent in an online form.

That's pretty bad customer service if you ask me. If the goods are not 'fit for purpose' then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement...well at least here in the UK.

Hmmm, interesting link AT...wonder how successful those tips are...although it sounds like the images are quite bad.

I played Gw earlier, and my Party list I kept in my top left corner, 10 mins later it burned in. I do not leave static images up, I have in the past, for instance the ut3 map burned into my right corner, unfortunately the game is not like GW, and you cannot move around the interface, that will for a fact burn in. But if that is the case, what can I do, what can I play? With it not leaving TIR, how can I prevent it from coming back. I don't think everyone has this problem, most games have something that stays in one part of the screen, (Which I admit, it's BS) so because of these games I am screwed? :( I wish there was something I could do man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom