*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

painting is not as easy as you think... you'll have to sand the entire inside multiple times with different grits and then paint it multiple times...

Just the metal inside. And probably just the hdd cages, and the mobo tray.. My dad has tons of tools, I am sure something can help me speed up the process. But I want to do it right, so I am not worried about the work. I want it to look good though. And I want the wires to be manageable. I plan on taking it all apart, running my pc on like.. cardboard, and drawing in some plans. Maybe cutting this weekend.

Painting the inside is easy. The finish doesn't have to be great, and only parts of it will even be seen. I didn't even sand the inside of mine and the paint stuck quite well. After letting it set for a while I realize the finish is almost unscratchable after about 3 days of curing.

To hang the radiator off the back you just use the 120mm fan mount holes. and mount to a fan on the outside of the case.

EDIT: Why the heck can't you guys post these questions in threads that I normally look at. I.E. "Water Cooling Questions" or "Case Painting question" Instead of the once in a blue moon when I check the random threads lol. /end rant

Painting the inside is easy. The finish doesn't have to be great, and only parts of it will even be seen. I didn't even sand the inside of mine and the paint stuck quite well. After letting it set for a while I realize the finish is almost unscratchable after about 3 days of curing.

To hang the radiator off the back you just use the 120mm fan mount holes. and mount to a fan on the outside of the case.

EDIT: Why the heck can't you guys post these questions in threads that I normally look at. I.E. "Water Cooling Questions" or "Case Painting question" Instead of the once in a blue moon when I check the random threads lol. /end rant

oh cool. But do I need any other holes to the outside? is there a worklog somewhere on here about a build like mine? And I will start my worklog/questions thread soon.

You will, in all likelihood have to drill 2 holes to do tubing runs from the radiator to the inside of the case.

You will, in all likelihood have to drill 2 holes to do tubing runs from the radiator to the inside of the case.

ok. I thought I might have to do that. But I didnt know. I am looking up all the mods people have done to 900's now.

you may be correct in your assumptions.

sorry, I don't know the case very well...

i have no idea what else they'd be for i just assumed they were for water cooling. its all good no worries.

Nothing major, just a few hundred extra marks I pushed outta my system.

17,422 | Dell Boi| QX6850 @ 3.66GHz | 8800GTX Stock SLI | Vista 32bit |ORB

Back
Top Bottom