AMD x64 in WinXP 32bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aro2220

Solid State Member
Hi, I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ dual core processors running in windows xp 64 bit, and it sucks.

It's fast, don't get me wrong...but nothing works! Well, almost nothing.

Drivers for my mp3 player and digital camera, do not work.

And, most video games do not work.

I read around that I could use windows xp 32 bit with my 64 bit processor, but I'm having trouble finding information discussing what the consequences of doing so are.

Someone told me that if I run windows xp 32bit with my 64bit processor, only one of my cores will operate. I'm not sure I believe that.

Can anyone point me towards some information on this topic?

Thank you very very much!

Yes, you can use a 32bit OS on a 64bit CPU. Most CPU's are all now 64bit, and a lot of people run 32bit OS's on them (I'm doing this right now, in fact, since I have XP 32bit, and my C2D e6750 is a 64bit CPU. And both cores ARE recognized.

So, my amd processor would run just as well in winxp32 bit as it would in winxp64, only it is no longer compatible with 64 bit applications.

Correct?

So, my amd processor would run just as well in winxp32 bit as it would in winxp64, only it is no longer compatible with 64 bit applications.

Correct?

Correct.

A majority of us, are actually using a 32-bit OS. And all processors now, are 64-bit.

And...
Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

Yes Welcome to Tech-Forums. As stated you will have no issues. Other than if you run more than 3GB of RAM. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom