Good Antivirus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
I am looking for a good antivirus

Currently I have Norton Antivirus 2004
I Want an AV just as good or better that wont use up so much memory of my CPU

I could recommend Mcafee Anti-virus software. It cost only $30 at Walmart and I'm not sure if this promotion is still running, but a few weeks ago it came with at $20 mail-in-rebate as well as a $30 UPGRADE mail-in-rebate. If you send in you Norton 2004 CD, that could count as your upgrade. So, actually, you really end up making $20. Note: Most places sale this software for $50. Go with Walmart and get it for $30.

I use McAfee also. It's not a resource hog and it does just as good of a job as anything else. You just gotta keep it updated, and with v8 it does a good job of that.

i use AVG but i also have norton cause AVG had a problem fixinbg a virus that got everywhere and i didn't feel like deleting all the infected files

I notice at some forums, the majority of the members will prefer one AV product over another. At this forum, it seems to be a mixed bag everytime this question comes up.

I use Norton but if you're looking for an alternative, PCCillan would be my next choice. There's no way I would consider using McAfee as I've heard too many bad user experiences with it. Particularly the fact that it often misses viruses, and their updates are not as quick as Norton and some others. But if it works fer ya, use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom