OCing the 8800GTS 512 (G92)

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyobo

In Runtime
Ok so I have a MSI 8800GTS 512 (G92) and it currently runs at about 52-54 idle and 65 max on Load

Would it be possible for me to OC this at all w/ the stock cooling or would it be too dangerous? And would I get a noticeable increase from it?

I have also considered getting an HR-03 VGA cooler for it to OC it more. Would it be worth getting or would I not notice an increase or anything at all?

anyone had any experience ocing this card?

You have a little headroom to overclock, but the temps would get higher with that stock cooler.

I'd say the HR-03 is worth it, if you're looking to overclock it. Definitely lowers the temperatures.

I think it's much more noticeable in benchmarks, than in frames. I could be wrong.

Your right about the benching over FPS big, atleast in my case with my stinky 320mb G80

However... try overclocking now before you invest a cooler, sometimes your card can't actually overclock anymore (even if temperatures are fine) without a volt mod which may or may not be something your willing to do

dl ATITool (if it supports the gts g92) and just raise the clock speed by 5-15mhz , then cehck max temp and check for artifacts (3d view) then raise the memory by 5-15 mhz and repeat the process

you can sacrifice some memory speed for some higher clock speeds, but its yoru choice

As far as I know, ATI Tool does not support the latest Nvidia cards. Most use Rivatuner for these cards.

so really the only clear difference Im gonna see is possible higher benchmark scores right? Its not gonna like drop my fps by a steady amount or anything

I only use it for Crysis btw

why would it drop your fps? you will see a slight increase, but probably 10 at the most? maybe 20 if you get really far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom