Makaveli, I need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I was told that you are the Windows guru of this forum. Well I hope you can help me out. I am having trouble installing Windows Vista Premium on my new machine I just put together. I can not get past the screen where it asks me where I want to install Windows. It says unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for Windows.

What would happen if I restarted the computer in the middle of the Windows installation? I am thinking I need to go into the Bios but not sure.

BTW, this is the 64bit edition if that helps any.

Nevermind, I got it working. It is installing now.

At this point you can shut down the PC you will not hurt anything. The first thing you will want to do is check the BIOS to make sure that it does reocgnize the hard drives. If the BIOS does then i would have to wager to guess that the drives are SATA?

Get back to me and let me know.

I got Windows installed. Now I am having problems connecting to the internet and my hard drives are not showing up under my computer. They show up under device manager. And yes they are both SATA.

On the internet, I am trying to connect through a network wirelessly with a linksys adapter. No networks show up to connect to.

Well for that i would say check the device manager does it show a yellow ! mark by the Network Adapter? If so you need those drivers. As for the SATA i would say 2 things. 1. Install your chipset drivers. Can be found at the mother board manufacturer's website. 2. Check and see if they ahve a specific SATA Driver as well. If so install that as well.

Between those it should help solve your issues you have currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom