Mobo upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

IDK, aspire recommended this one... and i do like that it comes with a sound card. And it all looks good. But I see mixed reviews from Newegg. What do you think of it as my newest mobo upgrade?

I was orignally going to get this
Newegg.com - XFX MB-N780-ISH9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard - Retail
then this
Newegg.com - ABIT IX38 Quad GT LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

but as far as i can see my first link^^ is the better deal.

Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

What do you guys think?

you never go by reviews on the site you buy the product from, always go to a different source. i think the one aspire recomended looks like the best deal.

Yes, It's just unnerving when you see a review that says "zomg dont buy this its a piece of ****"

I trust aspires recommendations alot, he really helped me out with a case btw. Just getting some extra opinons for my nervous buying personality :)

So, that asus one looks good then?

well depends if you want SLI or corssfire. If you were going to stay wit nvidia and might SLI later on , obivously the 780i is your best choice. If you plan to move to ATI crossfire later on then go with x38. Even if i was going to run a single nvidia card i would still get a 780i board, its just nice to have that option.

Hmmmm, It all depends on what you want to do with the graphical stage of your computer.

Even though I doubt anything can use the capabilities of a 3-way SLI bridge, the option is nice to have. The XFX board is almost a clone of the EVGA board Im interested in for $10 less, but you do get a fancy SLI fan or something with that XFX board.

I would go with the XFX board unless you're positive you won't be looking into multi-gpu solutions.

Well i am not sure... but untill sli benchmarks impress me more i'm fine with an xfire board... even if i dont really plan on going xfire just yet.

Btw... can a 9800gx2 run on a ix38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom