3 CPU Temperatures... 2 cores 1 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I've got a dual core Intel E2200...

I've been using Core Temp for all my CPU needs (since back in the day) and I've never had a problem until now?

In Core Temp my temperatures are only listed for Core 0 and Core 1 which are obviously the cores inside the CPU

However... Smart Guardian and Speed Fan list a "CPU" as about 10 C higher then the two cores (cores are both 50 while the CPU is 60)

I wouldn't trust Speed Fan or that other program. Core Temp is more accurate.

well I was wondering why they listed a "CPU" temperature along with Cores?

Speedfan had the same core temps as Core Temp did, 50 for each, but it also had the "CPU" listing which was at 60

I should only worry about the core temps right?

And also, how hot is too hot for a P35 Northbridge?

I guess 50C is a bit warm for the NB. So you should try to stay below that.

Just worry about the core temps. Speed fan has a tendency to report bogus temperature readings.

I've got a dual core Intel E2200...

I've been using Core Temp for all my CPU needs (since back in the day) and I've never had a problem until now?

In Core Temp my temperatures are only listed for Core 0 and Core 1 which are obviously the cores inside the CPU

However... Smart Guardian and Speed Fan list a "CPU" as about 10 C higher then the two cores (cores are both 50 while the CPU is 60)

I think I looked this up a while ago and I found out that Core 0,1 are the temps inside of each core while the CPU temp is the temp between the two.

hmm so technically the cores are the only things that will actually be damaged? or how is a CPU made...?

anyways, i stopped at 3.8 ghz because my temps were reaching 85 on the CPU... I'm pretty sure my system was getting damaged because the temperatures starting changing rapidly, 85 to 16 to 45 to 85 to 80 to 16 etc.

hmm so technically the cores are the only things that will actually be damaged? or how is a CPU made...?

anyways, i stopped at 3.8 ghz because my temps were reaching 85 on the CPU... I'm pretty sure my system was getting damaged because the temperatures starting changing rapidly, 85 to 16 to 45 to 85 to 80 to 16 etc.

that really doesnt seem like a good thing... haha Good you stopped.

Processors are basically just alot of transistors performing very fast task. All of those transistors are called the "core," and they look like a little yellow/purple/green/red mirror the size of the tip of a human finger. These are put on a small PCB and covered with a special metal. So basically if one of the cores go out then your dead in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom