All my games keep freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just the other day,I did Defrag,but it didnt work,so I was wonder if I should take off the drivers or not if I wanna Defrag again.Also I cant seem to find the Cold And Quiet feature in BIOS.I did go to the Power control settings and I set it to Home/Office PC though.

Well if you did defrag and it still did not work then chances are it still wont work even if you take the drivers off. At this point I really think it could be a hardware issue. I would suggest you backup everything and reformat your hard drive. If that does not work then start replacing hardware starting with the graphics card.

Alright.Do I need to reinstall windows to reformat the Hard Drive ?If I dont what do I do then ?If I do have to reinstall,how hard is it ?I didnt put my computer together,my dad did btw,and I never had a problem this bad ever since.

Here is a link that has all the information you need. Reformatting Your Computer Using Windows XP - ITS Help Desk - The University of Iowa
You will lose all your data, saved games, drivers, bookmarks, etc. Everything. Unless you backup any of the files you need first. You will need to reinstall all those games and drivers for everything. It is not hard to reformat your hard drive but it is time consuming. It could prove to be a little difficult if you have not done it before. But you wont know how to do it if you don't try to do it first. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wow...I cant believe I have to do all that...Its gonna be hard digging up the disks.If its just my video card thats the problem,maybe I should buy a new one,Ive got enough money.I hate the FX5200 anyway,I heard it has problems.

Yeah I know it sounds like a lot of steps. You could try another card and see if it works for ya. The 5500 is better if you are on a budget. Also I am not for sure if you will need a new graphics card but it's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom