building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks. When I install the CPU cooler, the fan should be facing the front of the case and blowing the heat towards the back of the case, right?

Okay. I put the Windows disk in and now a message popped up saying "What to know before installing Windows, repair your computer." Do you know what screen I am talking about? It gives me the option to install now, what to know before installing Windows, and repair your computer. What does this mean? Is there something wrong with my computer?

Wait, does everybody get this message when installing Windows the first time?

memory said:
Okay. I put the Windows disk in and now a message popped up saying "What to know before installing Windows, repair your computer." What does this mean? Is there something wrong with my computer?

No, that's if you already had Windows installed. And that is for repairing a bad Windows installment.

Skip it, and proceed.

Okay that had me worried that something was wrong with my computer.

Something I noticed, too me the fans seem like they are spinning pretty slow. I guess it is supposed to be like that.

Now I am at the screen where I choose what HDD to install Windows on. When I select the one I want it on, it says Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation. What does this mean?

Now I am at the screen where I choose what HDD to install Windows on. When I select the one I want it on, it says Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation. What does this mean?

you need to format the hdd again. ntfs. Dont do the quick one, do the normal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom