First gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you still have a military address, or have a friend who still has one, you can order from Newegg. ;) ;) ;) Newegg likes our service men.

You have been ripped thus far, at least in comparison to what you could get it on Newegg for.

Just a quick question about my graphics card. I know most of you guys were saying that my current card will bottleneck my system and here is where my question lies. I purchased the HIS ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. As far as I have read from the net, its 256/512MB-128bit 4-channel DDR2 memory at 800MHz. On the box it says I can also do 128/256MB-128bit 4-channel GDDR3 memory at 1.4Ghz. Which would be the better setting to go with? If neither of these settings are any good please let me know, and Ill start looking for a better card. Thanks.

A good video card for that build would be either a 9600GT or 8800GS, they re both pretty cheap

I strongly recommend Q6600

Your not the only one. LOL. It was originally what I was going to go with, but I had cash constraints for most of the parts. I wanted the Asus Commando or Striker mobo with a Q6600 but since I dont have a credit card/debit card, it kind of limits my options. Plus my wife doesnt want me to spend huge amounts of money on it. I have a friend who is willing to order parts from me, but it takes him forever to do anything. Im not a hardcore gamer, but I want something that performs well. I know most of you talk about OC'ing, but Ive never done it and probably wont in the future until I gain alot more knowledge about PC's. Ill see how this system works out. If its not good enough for what I need it for, Ill sell it, and put a new one together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom