Getting a new video card finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
your gb card will be fully utilized...if you fully utilze it, lol

dx10 is not all about performance or something fancy, it is really about more effecient graphics handling.

This card may not be a great gaming card, but if you're like me, it will do wonders...ie, working with anything media related. IMO, anything that is not just for gaming is a sound purchase.

so many here are obsessed with gaming, building a 2g machine that isn't all that noticeably better than an xbox 360 or a ps3...except if looking at 1ft away on an hd screen :p

you getting one or 2 of those? :D

also I have no clue what you would be doing, but hoping you'd make the most out of your pc instead of just gaming like some of these goobers :p

oh yeah, keep in mind...if you are doing 4gb ram on 32 Vista, this card may impact your reported ram by a huge margin, but I think you might be on 64bits right?

good stuff

It's funny about Direct X10.

My dad got a panflet with his new computer on a comparrison of DX9 and DX10.

They compared Half life (first one DX9) to Half life 2 ep2 (latest DX10)

God i hate pre built company crap.

Atomic I do a bunch of GFX stuff and some media stuff on here as well. I am not a avid gamer. I play a few games but not anything that will tax this card to much. Nothing like Crysis or Assassin's Creed. I play Doom 3, UT2004 and FEAR. I knwo this will help the performance there.

I also dont run 4GB of RAM. Right now i have 3GB installed. So this card will be put to good use. ;)

I wanted something a bit more than my 6800 and to me this is a nice step up from a low grade card to a decent mid range card. I know i will get a boost out of it. Cause i think this card is dying now. :p

Trying to play Doom 3 i am getting only 10FPS max now. which i used to get at least 40-50 FPS on before. Even with nothing running. So the card is hurting after 5 years of use.

what about the 8800GS?

That would have put me over budget. Read what i was posting. I was nto trying to spend over $100. Even this card put me over $120 but i wasnt trying to do that. If i was gonna go for a 8800GS i would have just said forget it and went with a 9600GT or a 9600 Series card and been done with it.

For this card i am jsut gonna do some light gaming, photoshop, web browsing and some media viewing. This card will be perfect for me for the price. I was not looking to get a uber card nor was i looking to get the most bang for my buck. I liked the card and it is a improvement over my vanilla 6800 which is starting to die on me anyways.

Really guys i am not asking for approval. It is already order and should be here in another day or so. Yeah there are much better cards i could have gotten. There are cards that would have offered much more perofrmance. I wasnt looking for that. I dont need that. It is not like my system is gonna be used for Crysis or Assassin's Creed or anything. I dont even play Halo 2 on it.

So for my purposes this card will be perfect. I am sorry it doesnt meet with the hard core's approval, but i wasnt asking for it.:p

You can get 8800GS for $119 after MIR
Newegg.com - XFX PVT88SFDF4 GeForce 8800GS 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

It is only $20 above your budget but it would completely destroy 8600GT.

$20 is noting
Your right. $20 is nothing. But i have to come up with that money up front since it is a mail in rebate. It would ahve cost less than my card now. But luke is right. I already have it and it is already isntalled. :p

On that note. I am extremely happy with it. So far it has been a great card. Gonna game with it for a bit now to test it out.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom