Windows XP Update Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i always had 4 gigs.. i said i was going to take out 2 gigs but there is still a warranty of a couple months left i believe

Lets not worry about how much ram i have! i have done this before! i had Vista Pre installed but i went right away and isntalled XP. and i have had

Xp installed many times and same with vista and never really had this problem

Why are you so worried about your warranty? Pc's come and go. That's why you should never buy a prebuilt pc. Build your own! Yours is prebuilt right?

no i always had 4 gigs.. i said i was going to take out 2 gigs but there is still a warranty of a couple months left i believe

Lets not worry about how much ram i have! i have done this before! i had Vista Pre installed but i went right away and isntalled XP. and i have had

Xp installed many times and same with vista and never really had this problem
If you have done this before you would know that XP does NOT, i repeat not, play nice with 4GB of RAM. There are several members here that have had to remove RAM to install XP cause it kept giving them errors. People that have been doing this a lot longer than you.

I am sorry that you do not want to take the advice that will get your system working. Cause i don know what else to tell you. Trying with 4GB of RAM will not work. Take out 2GB and it will work. Simple as that.

You want proof that i know what i am talking about:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/phenom-9500-compatible-32-bit-windows-167001/

Right there is a good example. Couldn't install XP with 4GB. Took out 2GB worked just fine. If you want to continue to think you know everything and that something is wrong with the software that has been working for millions of people for 7 years. Fine. I can not help you anymore.

1 of my 2 gig sticks has been removed 1 hard drive has been removed. Warranty is lost and i dont give a ****. Now i am running with a 500 gb hardrive and 2 gigs of ram. I just reformated. im going to install the chipset than do the updates..

Wish me luck

That's another reason why building your own is the right way to do it; you get warranty on all of your parts separately.

I can bet you didn't install you chipset drivers right away which could help avoid some unpleasant situations right off the bat. I would get those and have them ready.
Gee i said this back at almsot Noon EST today about installing your Chipset drivers....
Chipset!.. mhmm i always do that first.. I gott insert the disc and do that now... i always do that first..

ill try that
You say you always do that first and that you were donig that now after you had already tried to do updates. Now you say you forgot to install them overall? Wow maybe i do know something after all.:rolleyes:

Mak? Knowing something about Windows? Now that's a laugh! :p.

Haha, j/k man.

This guy is one heck of a computer technician though, isn't he (referring to xXxexpertxXx) ;)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom