500$-600$ PC Suggest Build Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Rambis

Solid State Member
Hi,

My friend has 550$ or so for a new PC. Could you guys suggest some builds for me ? The monitor is not included in that 550 as she already has one. This PC will mainly be used for surfing the net and some light gaming.

forget the e6550
get the e2200 instead and you can oc it to 2.6ghz easily on stock volts. It can get way higher if you start raising volts if u want.
Dont ever get a psu that comes with a case.
Get the fsp 450W psu and a case of your own choice.

forget the e6550
get the e2200 instead and you can oc it to 2.6ghz easily on stock volts. It can get way higher if you start raising volts if u want.
Dont ever get a psu that comes with a case.
Get the fsp 450W psu and a case of your own choice.

I guess if he got his 2180 over 3GHz, he would be able to do it here too. You (krazyq) might not have had this experience, but whenever you build a computer for someone, you now become their support for that computer. Overclocking (even when done "right") reduces system stability. So, the more problems that come up, them more phone calls, emails, etc you get.

I would normally agree with not using a PSU that comes with your case. However, Antec make decent PSUs. And the ones that come with their cases are fine for low-mid range builds.

I also used this case as an example (which I should have originally stated) and not an absolute requirement. Perhaps you could suggest something (via a link) that you think would also be suitable.

Antec New Solution NSK 3480 MicroATX Tower Review » Page 8 - Testing( Power Supply) - Overclockers Club

well the e2200 will get to lik 2.6-2.8 easily with no stability issues. its got a 11x multi if im not mistaken.
i do agree with the fact that ure responsible, but to get to 2.6ghz with the e2160-2200s isnt hard at all.

For a psu, i usually go with one that doesnt come with a psu to be on the safe side. Antecs are ok but i would still prefer something better.

Heres the fsp i was talking about

heres the 400W version
Newegg.com - FSP Group SAGA+ 400R ATX12V 400W Power Supply 120/220 - 240v NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail

heres the 450W
Newegg.com - FSP Group SAGA+ 450R ATX12V 450W Power Supply 100 - 240 V NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom