Buying help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauge

Solid State Member
I am getting a computer for college and after looking a bit have found two on newegg that I am debating between. I have around 1000 to spend. Can you help me pick between the two or if you know of a better one for the same or less could you direct me there? Here are the links

Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3SA-A2 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7500(2.20GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 - Retail
Newegg.com - ASUS M51Sn-A1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T5450(1.66GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 3GB 250GB DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS - Retail

Thanks for the help, I did end up getting the second one. Now I just have to wait a few days to get it. How do you think it would handle overclocking? I don't wanna risk it if it will make it unstable, but if you think I could safely do it a bit I might try.

I wouldn't overclock a laptop. I know mine puts out a ton of heat as it is, after two years the whole bottom is faded and stained from the heat.

I agree with Sapper. OC'ing a laptop is hard. Since there is no place for that extra heat to go. Not to mention that you will burn out the CPU and that faster. In such a small enclosed space like a laptop they are setup just right with the heat and everything. If you overclock it you will not only heat up the CPU but the other components as they are in such close proximity. You could do more damage than what it is worth to get the extra speed out of it.

You would do better to replace the CPU... but that would void your warranty and there is no guarantee that the cooler could handle the extra heat.

Lappys are basically what you buy, period. Outside of RAM and hard drives you really can't upgrade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom