CrossFire X Performance vs Tri-SLI + release of ATI's Catalyst 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrossFire X Performance--Two, Three, and Four GPUs in One

Comparison of 8800Ultra, hd3870, hd3870x2, 2 HD3870's + HD3870x2, 2 HD 3870 X2s

also ATI's March driver release of Catalyst 8.3 is here...

EDIT: Anandtech did it too:
AnandTech: CrossFireX Arrives: First Look at 3 and 4 GPUs in 2 Card Setups

Does the 3870 even make any sort of improvement in Crossfire? Seems dumb trying to Crossfire a card like that. As if a card with dual GPU isn't fast enough already lol.

Ya, i read that article yesterday. It also seems to show that anything past 2 GPU's doesnt scale very well at all in crossfireX. Again, the only game that is on the market that really requires more than a single video card, DOESNT FREAKING SUPPORT MULTIPLE VIDEO CARDS FOR CRAP.

i think crossfire works great with two cards, but anything more the two cards is a waste and wont be utilized, ever. Tri-SLI is a waste aswell, unless you have a few giant monitors to run. I will stick to regulay SLI, thankyou.

Yep, the more and more info that comes out about the new GTX makes me want to skip this generation of cards. My GTS's are clocked higher than the GTX that is coming out. Supposedly they are going to be clocked 675 core, and 2200 memory.

yeah, more and more, unless the 4870 looks really good, I plan on a volt mod, and some good OC.

Ya, i read that article yesterday. It also seems to show that anything past 2 GPU's doesnt scale very well at all in crossfireX. Again, the only game that is on the market that really requires more than a single video card, DOESNT FREAKING SUPPORT MULTIPLE VIDEO CARDS FOR CRAP.

cough cough cough Crysis cough cough cough

Just a note, these drivers don't seem very good.... I have noticed AA performance has gone down in Cod4 for me, and on ocuk there are many people having performance issues.

That said, who really needs more than 2 ultras or 1 3870x2

Just a note, these drivers don't seem very good.... I have noticed AA performance has gone down in Cod4 for me, and on ocuk there are many people having performance issues.

That said, who really needs more than 2 ultras or 1 3870x2

yeah pretty much.

plus, I wish they had included dual ultras in their tests. The tri sli thing was great, but who has the money to spend 1500 on just their GPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom