All my games keep freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar problem with freezing games, I turned off Cool & Quiet in the BIOS and it fixed it.

It could be caused by a very fragmented install. Try to uninstall it then check the disk for errors and defrag. Reinstall and see if that helps.

Ok I restarted the PC,tried playing,no luck,its still freezing.What should I do now ?Btw,Eric.All my games are freezing,however I discovered this problem after I installed battlefield.I played Battlefield and it was freezing.I took it off and I played another game and it was freezing the same way that Battlefield was freezing.So I dont know if Battlefield is the cause or not.

It's not the vm, your display drivers are up to date, the game didn't install any other drivers....I'm out of ideas. Anyone else know what it could be?

Maybe ill need to get a new Video Card,which will be difficult for me since I dont start my job till the summer.Do u think I should try Knights' way,switching off Cool and quiet in BIOS ?Oh btw,im gonna sign off now,I gotta go to sleep for school.I wont be on till like 5:00 EST.I got Drivers ED tomorrow after school.

Worth a shot, the reason it might work is cool and quiet cuts power/processing speed when not in use, if the games suddenly peak, it'll freeze then recover when the power is increased by c&q.
Also, try what Sinxarknights said with defragging. Check whether your hdd needs defragging.

No. Before you resort to changing your hardware just reformat your hard drive and reinstall. Something could be corrupt that is difficult to find. This would be the last straw before replacing hardware. Also have you ran any of those programs I stated in the last posts?

Should I take off the video card drivers first before I defragmate the HDD.Also should I run it in Safe Mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom